Monday, May 6, 2013

Stop by to meet multi-genre romance author Cora Blu!

 Cora Blu
Paranormal Romance

RH: What do you like doing outside of writing? Hobbies? For fun?

Cora: Gardening, cooking, reading and gardening. Writing is an obsession so I can't list that.

RH: If you couldn’t be an author, what would your ideal career be?

Cora: A professional dancer.

RH: How did you choose the genre you write in?

Cora: I write IR/MC because it's how I grew up. Friends, neighbors, teachers...I've never lived in a one race world. Underwater fantasy, because Twenty Leagues Under the Sea caught my attention at a young age. 

RH: What has been the best compliment?

Cora: I'm adding you to my prayer list that you never lose your writing style. (Are you kidding me!!! So humbling)

RH: Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?

Cora: Your kind and positive reviews, and private emails carry me like nothing else. I write IR, not to highlight interracial couples, but to highlight the fact that people live and interact interracially, multi-culturally. Not all conversations are racial. Everybody's experience is different. 

RH: Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

Cora: I just released book II in my fantasy Brothers of Element series. "Blade". Researching the tsunami in Japan from 2011. The level of heartbreaking was overwhelming. The message in the story is twofold. Shark finning is out of control in the Pacific Ocean, and an underlying bullying is going on between the hero and heroine. The hero will come to realize he's unknowingly looked down on the heroine because she is Irrawaddy dolphin and not tiger shark.

RH: What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?

Cora: The heroine, Miyuki Takahashi, gets into a sword fight and it gets...messy. I cried writing that scene. And the hospital scene when they visit a hurt child rescued from fallen debris. I laughed so hard.

RH: Have you ever been surprised by a controversy among fans or reviewers - for example, you created a character without thinking too much about what people would think of him, and found some readers loved him and some hated him?

Cora: Mikhail from my contemporary, Stranded but not alone. He's the twin to my hero, Seth. I get requests to give him a story. From my fantasy, I get requests to give Her'lion a book. He's the queen's personal security. He's the color of tar and a bull-shark shifter with lavender eyes. He's one of the most feared guards, and protects the queen like a bulldog.

Cora’s Links:

 Email: corablu@hotmail.com



Use the share links below
to help Cora get the word out!
Be a part of her street team!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment